1. Collection of Personal Information
1.2 You have the option of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym unless you are obliged to identify yourself under law, or not identifying yourself is impractical in the circumstances. 1.3 Ruby Little may collect and hold the following personal information (“Personal Information”):
- Name and position within a company;
- Australian Company Number and/or Australian Business Number;
- Residential and/or business address;
- Phone and/or facsimile number;
- Email address;
- Bank details; and
- Any additional information provided to Ruby Little such as details of your order.
2. Use of Personal Information
2.1 Ruby Little uses the Personal Information for the purpose for which it was specified or reasonably apparent at the time when the Personal Information was collected. The Personal Information may be used in respect to the following:
- providing order confirmations;
- processing of orders;
- assisting the offering of products and services by Ruby Little or its related entities, contractors, agents and/or employees;
- processing of job applications and the provision of relevant information in this respect; (e) communicating promotional offers, changes to terms and conditions, marketing information or special events;
- responding to feedback, complaints and enquiries; and
- using for administrative, marketing, planning, service or product development purposes.
- You may advise Ruby Little if you do not wish to receive any promotional offers or marketing information from Ruby Little by following the relevant unsubscribe instructions contained in electronic communications received from Ruby Little or otherwise emailing [Info@rubylittle.com.au
- Regardless of whether you opt out of receiving promotional offers and marketing communications, you consent to receiving necessary communications such as service announcements and information pertaining to your transactions.
- We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
3.1 Ruby Little uses various technologies such as cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to collect a range of information about your visit to the Website, including, but not limited to, your IP address, browser type, user behaviour and user preferences. Such information is collected from you for the purposes of enhancing and customising your user experience, and so that Ruby Little can continue to make improvements of the Website to better cater for your needs.
3.2 You may be able to disable such technologies if your browser allows the option to do so.
3.3 The stored information is not used by Ruby Litttle to target advertising to you within or outside of the Website.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
4.1 Where appropriate and required, Ruby Little may disclose your Personal Information:
- to other associated Ruby Little entities;
- to Ruby Littles suppliers, agents or contractors in connection with or for the purpose of
Ruby Littles business;
- to any debt collection organisation;
- where the law requires or authorises Ruby Little to do so; and
- to any other third party notified by you at the time of or after collecting your Personal
Information and if Ruby Little believes, at its sole discretion, that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to:
- prevent harm or loss, financial or otherwise;
- respond to a serious state of emergency; or (h) prevent or mitigate illegal or criminal activity.
5. Access to and Correction of Personal Information
5.1 Ruby Little will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, up to date and complete. However, Ruby Little relies on you advising of any changes or inaccuracies of your Personal Information. Please advise us if you are of the view that any of your Personal Information requires updating or correcting by:
- Emailing [email@example.com]; or
- Calling our info line [8774 5244.]
6. Security of Personal Information
6.1 Ruby Little will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure (other than set out in the Privacy
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Ruby Little strives to protect your Personal Information, Ruby Little cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Ruby Little over the internet, and you do so at your own risk. Once Ruby Little receives your transmission, Ruby Little makes its best effort to try and ensure the information and Personal Information security both on Ruby Littles systems and
6.3 while in transit between Ruby Littles systems and the companies who provide Ruby Little with the various systems. If Ruby Little becomes aware of an eligible data breach, Ruby Little will assess whether the breach is likely to result in serious harm to the individual whose personal information has been compromised. If such assessment divulges that there was a data breach which is required to be reported under the Australian Privacy laws, Ruby Little will accordingly report the breach to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and the individuals to whom the breach relates (where that individual’s contact details are accurate).
7. Complaints Procedure
7.2 Should you not be satisfied with the way your complaint was handled or determined, you may contact Ruby Little or, alternatively, contact the Australian Information Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
8.1 Ruby Little may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. The current version will be posted on the Ruby Little™ website http://www.rubylittle.com.au/ and a copy may be obtained by contacting
Ruby Little at [firstname.lastname@example.org]